Reservation and Cancellation policy
Reservations and Booking Conditions
We strongly suggest you print and read these conditions before you proceed.
Please note that it is essential to read and understand the reservation and booking conditions for Wildlife Tours – Rwanda. Please ensure you have read and understood the itinerary and style of the trip/s you are booking. Wildlife Tours – Rwanda accepts bookings subject to the following conditions:
The prices listed are based on the costs and exchange rates current at the time of pricing. Wildlife Tours – Rwanda reserves the right to alter these prices at any time. For any trips departing from the source destination; the land price of your trip is guaranteed when you have paid in fully before departure. For trips departing beyond a year, prices are indicative only. All information in the brochure and website is accurate to the best of our knowledge, but please note that changes to our trips (which can be significant) can and do occur. Wildlife Tours – Rwanda will make every effort to keep you informed of any changes.
Cancellation by the Traveler
Loss of monies paid applies to all canceled reservations. The date of trip cancellation is the date on which the written cancellation is received by Wildlife Tours – Rwanda. The loss of monies paid is as follows, per person:
- 60 days or more before trip departure – Loss of deposit
- Between 30 and 59 days before trip departure – 50% of total booking cost or loss of deposit to hotels etc.; whichever is the greater
- Less than 30 days before departure – 100% of the total booking cost
- Loss of money paid for park activities or postponing or rescheduling the trip for NOT more than one year in unforeseen circumstances and catastrophes such as world pandemics to mention just a few.
No refunds will be made if you voluntarily leave a trip for any reason after the trip has begun. Refunds will be at the discretion of Wildlife Tours – Rwanda if you are involuntarily forced to leave a trip for any reason. No refunds will be made for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals, or services not utilized. Please note that these conditions apply to land content only. Different fees may apply to airline tickets. You are strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking, which will cover cancellation penalties in certain circumstances (Note: such insurance will not cover a change of mind).
Cancellation by Wildlife Tours Rwanda
Wildlife Tours – Rwanda reserves the right to cancel any trip before it is guaranteed to run but will NOT cancel a tour less than 60 days before departure. A trip is guaranteed to run once it has one fully paid traveler unless minimum numbers state otherwise. This applies to departures within the validity range. Wildlife Tours – Rwanda reserves the right to cancel any trip, including a guaranteed trip, at any time before departure due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events that make it unviable for Wildlife Tours – Rwanda to operate our planned schedule. If Wildlife Tours Rwanda cancels a group adventure trip on which you are holding a fully paid booking, you may choose between an alternative trip or a full refund. The company is not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking, such as visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights, loss of enjoyment, etc. If the alternative trip chosen is of lower value than that originally booked, then you are entitled to a refund of the price difference. If the alternative tour chosen is of a higher value, then you will pay the price difference.
If you wish to change your booking in any way, the following fees will apply:
Transfer from one tour to another:
- Amendment request received by Wildlife Tours Rwanda 60 days or more before your original tour departure date – USD 150 per person per change. A transfer can only be made to a departure date within the current validity.
- Amendment request received by Wildlife Tours Rwanda less than 60 days before your original tour departure date – charges as per cancellation fees.
- If there has been any change in the price of the tour you change your booking to, since the time of your original reservation, the new tour price will apply to the new reservation. These fees are in addition to any charges levied by hotels, transporters, or airlines.
- Changes to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your tour booking (e.g., hotels, transfers, etc.)
- Amendments to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your tour reservation will incur a USD 50 administration fee per booking per change. This fee is in addition to any charges levied by hotels, transport, or airlines.
- No amendments are permitted to your booking within 10 days of departure.
For bookings made within 15 days of departure, Wildlife Tours Rwanda reserves the right to charge a late booking fee of $50 per booking.
Most of our trips involve a local payment. This amount is the final payment for your tour. Local payment, in the specified currency in cash, is to be made to your organizer upon arrival. Information on your local payment is shown with the price in the invoice. May equate the payment in any foreign currency in circumstances that require us to create smooth payments for the guests and partners.